the thing is the fundamentalists don't want birth control they want woman to breed like rabbits.
vERY fUNNY jOKES -- sILLYbarkmonster
Sep 23, 08:19 PM
I think they're slower than you think if you're talking raw DSP muscle.
The price/performance of a mac is terrible at the moment but the interface, available software and midi management (especially patchnames) is still way ahead of the PC.
There's a thread on the Protools LE for Windows forum on the Digidesign User Conference where they've put together the best PC for under $800 and tested it in protools LE using the same 5 plug-ins per track test as those of us in the mac forum have performed.
This PC, an Athlon XP2200+ handles 180 plug-ins
The fastest mac currently tested, with an original retail value of $3,499 handles only 135 plug-ins.
Now concidering the mac in question is only running 1 of it's cpus, has a 133MHz FSB to the 333Mhz FSB on the PC and it's less than half the clock speed, it's quite impressive on paper but 4 times the price just for a superdrive, firewire and an OS that doesn't make me puke just looking at it isn't really very good.
A plus point is those plug-in counts will soar in OS X once Protools LE is dual CPU aware and I know any mac I buy will be more than fast enough to handle at least 4 times what my beige G3 can. It's just annoying that when I do get round to getting a faster model a used dual 800 SQ or maybe even a dual 1Ghz QS is the best I can hope for and both are thoroughly battered senseless by a dirt cheap PC.
Mind you, once I've got a new mac I doubt I'll care what those other brands can do. It's the OS that's kept me hooked on macs and OS X looks absolutely fantasic for audio.
more...
very funny easter jokesThe Phazer
Nov 6, 05:50 AM
It'd be great news to have an Oyster card in the next iPhone...
Phazer
Some very funny signsiJohnHenry
May 3, 07:25 AM
commanded by Bin Laden's second in command...
Next!!
Now serving Number 2.
more...
Good Ones – Very FunnyWow, it looks like that's it. I guess we shouldn't expect much if Jobs isn't doing the presentation himself.
Filed Under Funny Jokes,If you ask me, it's pretty clear Apple will update all of its laptops before the holiday season. I personally can't wait to buy a new MB, because my 600 MHz G3 iMac is getting a bit sluggish. My question is this: Will it be a simple CPU upgrade, or will Apple change pricing and/or other hardware (such as HD capacity, RAM, etc.)? Oh, and how long do I have to wait?
It's pretty clear that Apple will not be releasing to laptops before the holiday season. Laptops just aren't the typical gift. They are in the wrong price range.
Don't be surprised to see iTV sooner than later or the long waited video iPod.
Expect the new revised Mac Book Pro in January, featuring a redesigned enclosure and keyboard.
Sorry, but that the way it is.
more...
My Mom laughing at Funny jokesNot sure if this has been shown yet:
Very funny jokesI don't understand all the bad push back for this new feature.
I'm walking down inner city and notice Jane is at the local coffee shop, I'll say hi. I'm at the concert with a buddy, and notice Brad is there too. I just entered this really neat cupcake place, I want to let my FRIENDS know.
If you're freaked out a creeper may know your location, why are you friends with them?
All the positive to this new, cool feature - and everyone says is - this will track your every move and people will kidnap you and break into your house, blah blah blah.
I agree my friend......you might just catch Jane in a vulnerable position of getting laid !!!!
main very funny urdu jokeWhy did they replace Justin Long in these ads? ...I could have sworn he spoke Japanese. ;) :p
bloodycape
Sep 25, 11:20 PM
Kind of reminds me of how Monster Cable went after everything that had the word monster in it, like the movie Monsters INC., Monster.com and others.
My old flatmate was invited by O2 to take part in a trial of this technology in a nokia phone here in london. The phone had the ability to be an Oyster card (pay for public transport), an instant pay barclay card and to read a series of tags which he was given. Not sure what they were really useful for to be honest, but I guess you could set it up to change settings depending on location.
I think the trial was a success, so it doesn't surprise me that this would be incorporated in the iPhone.
iStudentUK
Apr 5, 09:20 AM
Not surprised. Apple have created all this interest in the tablet market. For now they are top dog. They won't maintain whatever huge market share they have, but I'm sure they will remain top-dog for the next couple of years.
rasmasyean
Apr 30, 07:36 PM
Their entire careers depend on maintaining an OS that needs constant maintenance. Windows is inherently broken, and an entire industry grew up to take full advantage of exactly that. Too funny.
Anyone who knows anything about IT knows that "Windows" is not "broken". It's just extremely "breakable". :p The fact that a million ppl try to write viruses to steal money from the million banks that use it and have a billion customers that use it doesn't help either. But that's where professional security IT comes in. Not even a Mac is "immune" to this, so pro Mac IT should use security too.
The reason why carreers are made on "maintaining Windows" is because it's POWERFUL. Why would a group of engineers, developers, and MBA's constanty buy an OS that is > 3x more costly than a Mac OS...just up front? And require numerous certifications beyond a "CS degree" to upkeep? And this is just the "desktop" version, never mind the server version which is the leader in the server industry. No...it's NOT u/linix sorry...because "web page servers" are not the only computers in data centers!
The only "entire industry who grew up to uptake Windows" is the average person who tried to copy what they used for work...and in some cases, the software packages from "IT friends". They may be stuck with something they can't handle if they aren't careful about downloading porn, but it still doesn't change the fact that Windows is much more powerful and hence requires much more "computer-savviness" to use on average.
pacmania1982
Apr 2, 04:38 AM
I put �20 in the car yesterday, and paid �1.31.9 per liter. Working that out with the exchange rate, I'm paying about $7.75 per US gallon. It currently costs me about �50 ($78) to fill my tank, and I get about 300 miles out of it. I do ~250 miles a week.
pac