Originally posted by markjs
I do audio and video editing on my PC, I can't think of anything a Mac can do my computer can't (and I'll wager I'll do anything cheaper, and being poor that's a serious consideration to me), and what is the big draw to the Mac. I realize this isn't the best forum for a two sided debate, but I am thowing it out there anyway.
Tattoo Artist Pin Up GirlIsn't this the same chip that protects media content? :rolleyes:
ckick me or the RIAA will suspect you of downloading illegal music files (http://news.com.com/2100-1001-957757.html)
more...
Tattoo Artist Pin Up Girl Tinguys, if you really want to make some SERIOUS word-processing, i suggest you to try the LaTeX system :)
LyX is what i miss most since i switch from linux to mac.
http://www.lyx.org
I agree, I just made the switch. Once you're familiar with LaTeX, which will take some time, you will think anything else (including Word) is crap. I use TeXShop (http://www.uoregon.edu/~koch/texshop), which I think is good, but I haven't tried any others.
Pin-up Girls by Tyson Mcadoo3GB download. It's times like this I wish I lived in Hong Kong.
That's not too big. Just set it to download while you sleep. :)
more...
Artist ListSounds like a great idea and who's not all for faster sync times.
I just don't get what people are doing to break connectors. I know the one I use for my phone now is the same cable from my iPod video I bought in '05 and I have large clumsy gorilla fingers.
Print Tattoos Of Pin Up GirlsThat is pretty awesome for the kid...
more...
Italian site pin-up girls fromThe cheapest price is free off of The Pirate Bay. If you're unethical.
Be careful. Usually any software updates render it useless. And re-installing it won't help either. Turn auto update off.
Pin Up Girl Tattoo bychrono1081
Jun 19, 10:39 AM
Is Apple thinking that SD cards are going to become the new "floppies"?
Many people who exchange files by 'sneaker net' use CDs, but don't need the capacity of a CD. Plus while rewriteable CDs exist, they are pricey and most people don't use them. Most files are exchanged a barely used CD that then gets shelved and collects dust.
Imagine if people started exchanging SD cards. Initially lower capacities only will be available, but soon CD equivalent SD cards will be available, and soon after that the 1 and 2 TB cards.
If Apple can create enough demand for cards, then economies of scale will bring prices down as they become a standard commodity.
As others have mentioned the bigger capacity ones would have all sorts of uses besides the exchange of files. Wow.
Hmm.
? Most people use thumb drives not CD Roms.
Also SD cards and thumb drives have been available in sizes much much larger then CD Roms.
Pin-up girls hawaiidec>onemoof
thanks...I knew anyone who could dissasemble their mac and turn it into leftovers would know about this stuff...
half that I had forgotten, the other I just couldn't remember
CONFIRMED
if u use raid, u'll need to have a single disk with osx to boot from to be able to install the EFI firmware update!!
the progression bar just appeared and i get the ok symbol after reboot, next is the smc update and then switching back to my fast raid :D
shame though u need to go through all this hastle, really...
DeusInvictus7
Apr 21, 09:11 AM
As soon as Sandybridge based MBA's arrive, I'm buying.
Don't want an outdated C2D and Nv's video chipset, I've seen the HD3000 in action and it's very good. Does everything I want and much more.
From what I read, the Intel HD 3000 is actually better-performing on OS X than the Nvidia 320m. People are paranoying this Intel 3000 issue like it's the plague, while in reality they are basically the same in terms of performance.
I don't have the money, but if I was to buy a MBA, I'd surely buy it once the Sandy Bridge version came out.
You guys are forgetting that the LV and ULV version of the HD3000 is underclocked compared to the normal voltage version. So while the normal ones are the same as the 320M, the underclocked LV and ULV ones are definitely not going to match up to the 320M.
I'm sure this is the first of many companies to ignore the massive PowerPC userbase out there. I wish there was something like a reverse-rosetta.
So much for the age-old tradition of Macs having a much longer useful service life than a Windows PC, now a 2-month old PowerMac is already becoming obsolete.
I wouldn't worry too much just yet. As I said above, just because Adobe has decided to proceed in this manner does not mean everyone else will too. I'm betting that PPC machines will still be "safe" for a few more years in this respect. And plus, for many "non-Pro" users like myself, I don't need to run the latest version of certain software, so even if the newest versions are Intel only, this won't affect me much. My Office v.X will still run fine, just as my Photoshop Elements 3, iLife 06 and Toast 7 will. They meet my needs so I don't feel a need to upgrade them at this point in time even if new versions come out (UB or not). :cool:
pukifloyd
Mar 29, 06:32 PM
he looks so thin...damn
sure this was a publicity stunt...
i can't comment on the USA, but in the UK the data coverage can vary substantially. The best voice network is not always the best data network. O2 for example have a good voice network in the UK, but are by far the worst for 3G coverage.
I can't see how this type of set up could work for people who rely on GPS on a daily basis, weekend travellers maybe, but not people who rely on GPS for their jobs
If you drive for work, there is a good chance you drive in the same areas, I can't see this app not caching maps.