
treated to allerina Ella.Arnet
better check with your immigration attroney for your situation.
It is better to have all visa related documents including I-797, LCA, I-129, passport, w-2, pay stubs, current company employment letter, appointment letter, resume, bank financial statements, work experience letters, etc. call the consulate and verify the reqd docs before you go.
regd AP, if your previous visa stamping is expired in passport then it is better to have AP when you go outside country for visa stamping. just incase if any problems with your paper and if they didnt stamp, atleast you can use AP to enter US. If previous visa is not expired you can come back to US using that at port of entry and you can go back and get stamping later. better check with your immigration attroney for your situation.
If you use AP, you should use EAD to work. You cannot use H1 unless if you get H1 stamped in your passport OR if you have already stamped, you need to re-enter US using H1 at port of entry (but either case, you need to go outside US and enter).===>I Just want to input my exp.. here , i am using my AP ( i used Twice as of now) and still working on H1. Only thing is i am still with same employer, who filled my GC and recently i got my 3 year H1 Extension also.
also staying in H1 is better compared to working in EAD (if AP used at port of entry) because if I-485 is denied in future, you will be considered as "out of status" when you are in EAD and you can't file for another I-485 because you are out of status (unless if you come under certain USCIS relaxations you can file again). But in H1 even if I-485 is denied, atleast you can file another I-485 because you are in status.
some say if your GC is approved when you are out of country, then you need to use AP ONLY to enter US as they say H1 wont be valid if GC is approved but I'm not sure abt this.
good luck.
slippers or a allerina.hi All,
I am on AP/EAD and need to Transit thru Paris in February. I have a confirmed return ticket and my visas have expired. I am currently in India.I called VFS and they told me that I do not need a transit visa however when I emailed them they responded by saying check with your Airline. I am trying to email the consulate in Mumbai but keep getting bounce backs.
However I found links on the Atlanta and Washigton consulates that say that I need a visa.
http://www.consulfrance-atlanta.org/article.php3?id_article=827
http://www.consulfrance-washington.org/article.php3?id_article=383
Has anyone returned to the US recently on a Advance Parole and expired Visa? and did you need a Transit visa? It would be great if you can tell when you returned. Immigrationvoice seems to be the only place where I could possibly get some real answers.
Apologizes if this thread is under the wrong category
Thanks
Radhika
As far as I know, transit visa is required in case you do not have a valid visa/ citizenship for the departure country. So, if your visa has expired on passport but have visa approval/ or other documents to support AND you are traveling from US to India via France then you would need France airport transit visa.
However, in your case, since you are Indian citizen (I assume) and traveling to US via France you do not need a airport transit visa.
The logic behind this weird rule is that in case you are stuck in France for some reason and they want you to go home (deport) then you should have valid visa/ citizenship to the country you came from.
Otherwise, none of us (Indians or other nationals) would need a transit visa to Europe going from US - India as we have Indian passport.
Hope this helps. As you know you can always check with airlines/ consulate to make sure you are good to go.
~ happy travel
slippers or a allerina.D. JULY EMPLOYMENT-BASED VISA AVAILABILITY
After consulting with Citizenship and Immigration Services, the Visa Office advises readers that Visa Bulletin #107 (dated June 12) should be relied upon as the current July Visa Bulletin for purposes of determining Employment visa number availability, and that Visa Bulletin #108 (dated July 2) is hereby withdrawn.
tattoo worn by a allerinaI heard I-140 premium processing has been restarted. Is it true?
No
more...
Ballet+shoe+tattoo+designsCmon ever since independece we have never been united on any cause. I see threads from Gandhigiri(sending roses)...TO .. "no work on 13th"petition. But cmon look at the responses, e.g. no working day petions had only 75 votes , of which most are scared to put there employer name info. etc.
75 here 120 there..do you guys really think with these numbers will make our voices heard .. On the other end lot of people are happy about the revision of the July bulletin and yes that includes the ones stuck in BEC (hypocrisy check! ) and the desi employers who perhaps were fasting/praying or something for this to happen... :-)
Its a number's game. We will never make our voices heard unless we can join hundred of thousands for a cause. I appreciate what IV has attempted to do, but it's an inherent problem with people like us, every one is out there trying to get ahead of the line. If given the choice most would exploit each other to take advantage. I mentioned "desis" perhaps, the problem we face is quite fitting to people from populous nations. I think we are looking at the problem from a very micro level(green card backlog).. The glut in immigration is nothing new and represents similar issues faced in India or China etc.
I am sounding completely pessimistic, but its the harsh reality. Perhaps we are not tuned to be united, we've been raised, bred to be just competitive and anything else which is a byproduct of competition.
just my 2 cents.
pls before anyone starts shouting at my post. Throw the hypocrisy out of the door and then reply.
It's unfortunate, but that's the reality. History says that "British took advantage of divide and rule concept in India during their rule." If the empherors/kings/people were united, that wouldn't have possible for the British.
I know their are few people really good, but the numbers aren't good enough. Hope and wish the coming generation wil, change the history. :-)
Ballet dancer tattoo on myPart 6 , Processing Information On Page8 of I-765 Instructions states =>
"Interim EAD. If you have not received a decision within90 days of receipt by USCIS of a properly filed EADapplication or within 30 days of a properly filed initial EADapplication based on an asylum application filed on or afterJanuary 4, 1995, you may obtain interim work authorization byappearing in person at your local USCIS district office. Youmust bring proof of identity and any notices that you havereceived from USCIS in connection with your application foremployment authorization."
Notice that Interim EAD is for ASYLUM Applicants.
Not true. It is 30 days for the asylum based apps and 90 days for the rest.
more...
Back Tattoo Nina and Lilyneerajkandhari
05-25 08:16 PM
Same here got RFE via email on 20 May
Will Know by this week (hopefully) what they are asking for
Blog girliest tattoo ever toI believe it is worth the 180 days wait. And AC-21 is practical for a lot of situations. Anyway you dont really have to wait 180 days, if you can convince the current employer not to revoke the 140 (at least for the next 180 days).
My answer should have been different if you were not eligible to file 485.
Also give some serious thoughts about filing 485 before marriage. If you are unlucky enough, it can have serious side-effects.
EB3 with PD of July 2006. I-140 Approved. 485 +EAD+AP filed 2 weeks ago.
I was contemplating on job change before dates became current in June and decision to accept 485....
Now that 485 is filed and this DUST has settled, wondering whether all this is worth the wait. (even 180 days).
Currently in my 5th year of H1b, by waiting out the 6 months, I'll also get 3 yr h1b ext. (and hopefully ead by then).
So is waiting 180 days the best choice? or screw all this and change! (I dunno if this AC21 etc etc is practical...same job description etc)
(I am single and those complexities are not to be considered I guess yet.
Plan is to try and change jobs on H1b and use EAD only if there is a dire need like layoff to find another job quicker)
more...
allerina slipper tattoosI understand your concern; however the USCIS now has concurrent filing which means that I-485 applications and I-140 applications can be filed at the same time. The USCIS will work on your case if the priority date is current even if the I-140 is not yet approved. They will simply adjudicate the I-140 at the same time they adjudicate the I-485.
The Amended I-140 was necessary to notify the USCIS of our name change. The Amended I-140 will ultimately need to be approved before your AOS application can be approved, however with concurrent filing what often ends up happening is the I-140 and I-485 are adjudicated at the same time.
Guys:
My case is different. I have 140 approved during jan2006. PD- 11/2005 EB2,
Again. Amendment 140 filed (((on 07/02/07 (RD) and 08/30/07 (ND) at TSC)) by the new company, which tookover our earlier company (New co.Much bigger in size).
Now, I have original 140 approved, and Amendment still pending. PD is current, just waiting to see how it would imapact. :confused:
Any advise from Seniors/ Gurus.. :)
Thanks in Advance
Tattoo Socks »You didn't mention how you got paid. Cash? Check? Did you get a 1099? Did you file taxes? Does the IRS have a record of your earnings?
I received online payments via Paypal for buying/selling side of my business.
I have also received 1099's for the webdesign services I provided.
All in all, my combined income has been <$5K each year.
I have not yet filed my tax returns, but I did file sales tax with the State. My tax papers are ready just so you know, but I'm not certain whether I should file them, especially with such a low income.
more...
Darkyou have found the tattoopachai_attai
08-17 02:48 PM
Dont worry. I faced th same problem.
Check this link
http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=260347&highlight=MESQUITE
Black Swan Tattoo Movie. lackHello,
My brother-in-law and sister are both Indian Doctors, having a private practice in INDIA. They would like to apply for visitor's visa.
Any suggestion about the problems they may encounter? Do they have to go on two differrent dates for getting the visa stampped at Chennai?
Thanks in Advance,
The chances to get visa is 1% as they know why they come here even though you say that they come here for visiting.The documentation is same as for B2 visa.
more...
Other tattoos on her bodyHas your namecheck cleared? Mine took 18 months to clear. I am current, too, but no movement on I-485. I am thinking if there is no news by 10/15, I am going to start calling around.
allerina-6.gifmartinvisalaw
10-15 03:47 PM
I have had situations where CIS has issued more than one RFE, but only about twice in 12 years of immigration practice.
more...
Ever wanted a tattoo,ca_immigrant
07-31 08:31 PM
�Enhanced customer service tools including expanded Case Status Online with both email and text functionality.
What would be the expanded case status? like giving details what exactly is going on with case?
by expanded case status they mean that the case will have an expected date.
for eg, I am thking ofr my case they will say "GC expected in the next 10 to 11 years"
so see that is more information :rolleyes:
Pinup in a Ballerina dress byHello,
I have a same question. I have my EAD but my h1b is expiring in decmber 07 which i am not planning to extend. So do I need to take my EAD and current employment letter to DMV along with tons of other documents to prove the residence status.
Please respond if anyone has done the same.
more...
but Flamenco+dancer+tattooIf you had bothered to search these forums you would have got your answers in 5 minutes. However its just easier to ask something and sit there waiting, right? instead of reaching out, researching a bit?
Now that someone has answered your questions, would you consider atleast contributing (http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=15905) to IV? The same questions you have asked here, if you ask some of the good lawyers, would have cost you $300!
Please do not hurt any ones feelings and sentiments (think about your self in that situation and then answer.
People come to IV because they think that there are some good people who would suggest and help.
And please remember one thing, if you are in a hurry and dont have time. you would not think about browing or searching, but post your quesiton. And who knows he might have even done his browsing and asking for experts opinion.
And IV is an org and it at their wish and will of individual whether to contribute or not.
so please do not force any one.
Good luck to you.
tattoo leonida helmet conGCard_Dream
07-13 01:22 PM
With new threads being created every minute, it's hard to keep track of relevant threads in "Recent Forum Posts" section of the homepage. I am not saying that some threads are irrelevant but there are bunch of threads talking about the same issue or news. Lot of members create new threads without realizing that the topic has been discussed already in some other thread. Some threads are personal in nature (nothing wrong with that) but not all members will benefit from that and so on....
In light of that, I was wondering if there is a way for core team to identify the top 5 or so useful threads and always keep it on the top of the "Recent Forum Posts". All other threads can be displayed further down. This will just allow those top 5 threads (like for media drive, IV action items, breaking news, etc) to be visible on the homepage all the time and members will have easy access to those threads.
I am not a webpage designer to I don't know how difficult that would be to implement but just a suggestion.
american arrowhead tattoo,With an I-140 approval a strict reading of the law does seem to imply to me also that an extension only if I-485 cannot be filed. However USCIS has been interpreting this to be I-485 cant be approved because of visa numbers. And that makes sense.
So once dates go U (like they have now), or you are no longer current, you can still get 3 year extensions. Thats what has happened to a couple of my friends.
What does this mean ?
"Our electronic records show that your application is with the adjudications officer for review."
EB2
PD JAN-06(NSC)
Thanks
sparky_jones
08-12 10:58 PM
I also got LUD of 8/12/07 today for my I-140 which was approved in June 2007. My 485 package was sent to NSC on July 20, 2007. No receipts or checks cashed. It could be a general data refresh on some cases that caused the system to record a new LUD. I doubt if it means anything.